For they had not gained any insight from the incident of the loaves, but their heart was hardened. (Mark 6:52)
His complaint was justified. I had done it again. It was the oldest leadership blunder in the book: telling the subordinate of another to do something without first checking with his leader. And this wasn’t the first time I made this rookie mistake. When will I learn?!
Ever feel this way spiritually? You keep making the same mistakes, committing the same sins, over and over again. It just seems like you haven’t learned that crucial lesson. Here are some tips for getting off the spiritual merry-go-round:
– Think before you act
– Pray before you act
– Memorize key Scripture on the issue
– Remind yourself of the pain of the last mistake
– Ask a friend to check up on you
– Recognize the settings for failure and avoid them
– If you fail, confess it and ask for forgiveness
Please leave me your feedback by clicking on “comments” below.
© 2008, 2009 Following Jesus by Chuck Wood All Rights Reserved